Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First Catering Gig

Ok maybe not a real gig. But last Saturday my mom and I threw my sister Deborah and her husband Matt an Open House/Party for their wedding which occurred over in Germany 4 years ago and to welcome them back to the State for good. So my sister said I could plan it all and I did. I made my very first wedding cake(on a smaller scale). My lovely family helped me with assembling the food that we served. (it was nice to be bossy for a bit). So thank you for all of your help and thank you for all supporting my sis and her hubby. I enjoyed doing it a little too much and from what everyone else said they enjoyed the food and party.

This was a chance for me to test the waters to see if this is what I want to do, and from how this went, it is exactly what I want to do. When to start this career path; as soon as possible. I would like to finish up school with cakes before I move on any further. So by this Spring I will be ready!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh good! Maybe you could do my baby sister's wedding (if it's not in England). :)

Chris S Green said...

YOU ARE MY GAL for anytime i need extraordinary fixins!
WOW was the table set with interestingly pieces of edible art...I hope you took closer photos of each dish?
I loved every bit of your first gig.
signed,
YOUR HIRED!
love the momma

Amanda Monk said...

Heather I know your not in school to do this YET but I have a question. How come sometimes when you make those really cute mini sadwiches thay ask you to-butter side down? Like on the outside? When you get to that other school ask them for me! I thought it was something only Dr. Suess made rhymes about. Very pretty food if I can say that BTW:)